1: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3: At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Okay, here goes.
1. I’ve presented over a thousand hours on kids radio station, Fun Radio. Indeed, you can still catch me on the weekends, if you’re unlucky.
2. I was crowned Bournemouth’s young headline writer of the year sometime in the early 90s. I had to come up with a headline for a story about a Farmer called Bill who had started an Ostrich farm that has become quite successful. What was my headline? Bill’s Becoming Ost-Rich. Did you see what I did there?
3. I think I got my first proper job in radio because someone needed a new housemate.
4. A family friend’s young daughter used to call me mushroom because she couldn’t say Matthew (my at-home name).
5. I used to be a (part-time) reality TV pundit and had RI:SE interview me live from my house (with a sat truck in the car-park).
6. I’m a big believer in “what goes around comes around”, which means I try to be nice (but mainly for selfish reasons)
7. In the few days before Christmas I work in my Mum’s shop taking money and wrapping people’s presents.
8. I subscribe to 215 blogs and merely pass their ideas off as my own.
Now I get to tag other people who have to do the same thing. I choose:
David Madelin off of the BBC
Helen off of Ox Fm
Jo Step-henson off of staying at home ‘writing’
Ian Stokes off of making Leanne’s dinner
Leanne Stokes off of being a scientist
Paul Earwaker off of being in the Congo
Paul Smith off of writing cheeky things in The Guardian
Nicky Tate off of being my newest work colleague.