Some more links and things extracted from my tweets this week:
- Alan Greenspun explains, in clear terms, America’s budget deficit
- I thought it was slightly odd that Radio Aire, who must be facing unprecedented competition in their market, would choose to celebrate their 30th birthday with loads of early 90s pop stars like Chesney Hawkes and Right Said Fred.
- I like Bob Shennan a lot, but his interview raised my shackles a little bit. Why benchmark against commercial radio and knock it? He runs a £50m radio station with no ads and completely national coverage and still feels the need to have a moan at Heart?
- A nice picture from Dan Cocker showing a good snapshot from BBC Manchester.
- Maria Williams, one of my co-committee members on the Sony’s has written a good post on how to (or not) win a Sony award.
- I like how Bauer have re-structured their stations into two groups for agencies to buy. What’s good is that they’ve brought their digital stations into the mix – a great way to properly value those hours.